Saturday, October 16, 2010

How we spent the Summer 2010

Since last posting Brent finished working Jan Feb March and April back at Bourns. Then we went to Redfish Lake to camphost for the summer. It was great! It was the year of the Bears. We had alot of black bears come down into all of the campgrounds. Some were spotted almost daily at one or more of them. We met some really neat people and enjoyed the summer alot.
When we first got there in May it was still quite snowy.



We had a friendly fox come visit us early in the Spring. Brent had cooked some bacon on the cache cooker and some of the grease had fallen on the ground and the fox found it. Guess he liked it.



Both Little Redfish Lake and Big Redfish were frozen solid when we got there and it was pretty cold.



It soon thawed and with that we started to see some wildlife. Quite often these deer would come right into our campsite and were not really afraid of us. It was pretty amazing. Then of course we had the chipmunks, squirrels and birds too.









Oh and as I said it was the year of the bears. We got to see them ourselfs 4 different times but only camptured these few not real good pictures.







We also watched a goose pair with their goslings and they and the little ones were frequent visiters at our campground until we started to get really busy. or Then we didn't see them for quite awhile and was worried that maybe our resident fox had got them. Then in the fall when the campers decreased here they came back and I couldn't believe how fast the little ones had grown.





I took dozens of pictures of the beautiful Sawtooth mountains. Inspired by their beauty I decided I would try to paint them. Only having that one class before hand I wasn't too sure of my ability without someone to coach me. This is the photo I choose to try to paint. The jagged peak is Mount Heyburn. It is my favorite peak in the Sawtooth range.



Then after weeks of working on it and I got some pointers from one of the other camphosts who has painted professionally in Jackson Hole. Lorna a very talented painter and her husband Joe became good friends of ours while working at Redfish this summer. Love them!



We didn't get a picture of Lorna and Joe before they left but I'll get one next year.
We met many really nice people. One couple is Dale and Irene. They managed the most popular campground "Outlet" which is right along Big Redfish Lake and has some really nice beach areas. Really nice people. Dales an execellent cook and did the food for a few of our meetings for all to enjoy. Thanks Dale. Irene is friendly and always makes you feel like your a long lost friend.



Then there's Earl and Jennie. Jennie would most times have Brent and Garth Banana nut bread freshly baked or her famous Cinnamin rolls when they would bring their reservations each morning, and yes I usually got to share in that bounty. She has a tender heart and would do anything for you. Earl is a social person and loved to talk to you and tell you stories. He loved his 3 dogs too.



I didn't get good pictures of Dale and Vivian. They took us on their boat when Mo and Cona and Steve and Rainee and the kids were here. We went to the Inlet of Big Redfish lake. It's pretty there and we took a short hike to a lily pond and a waterfall. They also took us out for a leisure day later for some snacks and scenry. Very nice people. Thanks much.









I must mention other friends we met too and will have to do better at getting pictures next year.
Wayne and Jo were at Glacierview. We hope to spend some time with this winter around bullhead city.
Stan and Eleanor and Vicky at Stanley Lake we enjoyed getting to know. Vicky and I both got a new grandchild this summer and she made mine a cute bib.
Don and Joan were down river at Salmon River campground. I loved visiting with them while we filled their water tank twice a week. They had some really interesting stories and lots of pictures to share.
Then there's Art. He was at Mormon Bend. He liked to pull my leg. I teased him that he had done that so much this summer that I now had one leg longer than the other. His wife Mary didn't come up so Art had a full plate. Maybe next year.
The list is not complete without Greg. He managed Sockeye. His wife Barb wasn't there all season so he had his hands full too. I meet Him and Barb last year and it was nice to get to know him this year.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and been married for 31 years. I'm a mom of 6 kids 4 boys and two girls and a grandma to 11, grandkids. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to spend time with them. We have a monthly family dinners where we all get together and have dinner. We take turns whose house it's at and then if it's at your house you fix the main dish and everyone else brings what they are assigned to bring. We have a wheel that tells us what we bring. You turn it to the one whose house it's at and then it shows you what you are to bring. It works great and I look forward to it very much. We also take a family trip, usually camping somewhere. It's always great fun. I'm a huge Utah JAZZ fan and like going to and watching the games. I like traveling and making jewelry and doing crafts.