Friday, December 11, 2009

Our time in Yuma

We have had such fun in Yuma and the area. We have actually stayed in a small town called Winterhaven a few miles west of Yuma and is actually in California. It's a nice RV park with a pool and hot tub, many activities and meals are provided for a small cost. Every monday and friday we have free donuts and coffee. We just got back today.
The spots are nice with a cement pad coming out of your rig, no grass but we are in the desert. Each has a tree and some other plants. Ours and Garths have a park area behind us so that is nice. Here's a picture of our spot.

The desert has some pretty sunsets too. Here's a nice one.

We have made some trips to a Mexico border town named Los Algodones. It's nice for a border town. Pretty clean and lots of options for dental, eye glass, medications and of course shopping. They even had a big festival that welcomed back us snow bird and had free food, drinks and entertainment. Here's a few pictures.




When the entertainment was done they had a dance contest and anyone could enter. Brent and Bev wouldn't go enter so Garth and I did. Here we are with the prize we chose. I could say we won, but actually everyone that came up got a prize. So if those other two would have just come up and took a couple of steps they would have got to chose a prize also.

I choose a Tucan plate that turned into a bowl and Garth choose a leather wallet.

We also went to another border town named San Louis but I will not ever go there again. It was so different than Algodones, not friendly at all and in fact you got the stink eye alot, and it was dirty and slizy. I couldn't wait to get out of there.
We've had fun here and after my bike injury I decided to sell my bike in a in the park garage sale and I bought a new one. A girls style bike and I like it alot better. I'm not up to pare with the Brent, Garth and Bev though they all can take quite a long ride, but my legs still feel like jelly after just a short one, but I'll get there.

We have gone to the biggest flee markets I've ever seen and had several free meals on RV dealers. You just go and look at RV's and lunch is free. There's also a food bank place where you can go and pay $25 and you get about $100 of food. You can't pick what you get but it's alot.
Oranges and Lemons are being picked right now, so we are going to try to find a place where we can pick our own and bring some home for Christmas for everyone. We plan to leave on sunday, so we should be home for the holidays by the 15th. Can't wait to see everyone I've been missing so much.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm sick of you being in yuma....

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and been married for 31 years. I'm a mom of 6 kids 4 boys and two girls and a grandma to 11, grandkids. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to spend time with them. We have a monthly family dinners where we all get together and have dinner. We take turns whose house it's at and then if it's at your house you fix the main dish and everyone else brings what they are assigned to bring. We have a wheel that tells us what we bring. You turn it to the one whose house it's at and then it shows you what you are to bring. It works great and I look forward to it very much. We also take a family trip, usually camping somewhere. It's always great fun. I'm a huge Utah JAZZ fan and like going to and watching the games. I like traveling and making jewelry and doing crafts.