Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pharump Living

We have been staying on in Pharump as the weather is so nice here. 80's during the day and 40's at night. After leaving Janet and Jerrys house we joined Garth and Bev at a RV resort named Charleston Peak. It's very nice and only $4 a night with our membership. It has roomy sites, a nice swimming pool and hot tub, a club house with pool tables and big screen tv. So we've just been enjoying it all. We've also tried to start riding our bikes, but my legs still feel like jello after just a short ride and today I took a little tumble cause I can't quite touch the ground when I stop. I guess I need to trade it off and get one with the girl bar to make it easier. We've also seen some incredible sunsets here.



We had been watching the bull riding finals that were in Vegas and decided why don't we go to the final night, so I got online and got us tickets for it for about $50 each. We went last sunday and it was great! Those young men are really in shape to do that.


This last picture is of the kid Cody Lostroh that won it. He won over a million dollars. It was really fun to be there. We then stayed over night at the Silverton and the next day we rode over to see how the new expansion bridle over Hoover dam was doing. It is quite an engineering feat. I took a few pictures. It's almost done.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I t's cold here! I hope your missing all of us, cause were missin you! Love ya

Steph said...

I would love to go to the Pro Bull Riding, now you just need to stay a few more weeks and go to the National Finals Rodeo. It's Awesome. I am loving this fall weather but my heart is in desperate need of a Palm Tree!!!

BartonsBlog said...

we just got our first snow so it looks GOOOOD where your at, it's been fun fowing your blog to see what you been up to. I signed up on facebook to keep up with your family, they sure had fun at halloween!!! miss you guys!!!!

Porters said...

Shauna so glad you have a blog. yes I have facebook too but I mostly update of the blog. See you at christmas. we plan to come home on the 15th and be back in Arizona on the 28th.

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and been married for 31 years. I'm a mom of 6 kids 4 boys and two girls and a grandma to 11, grandkids. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to spend time with them. We have a monthly family dinners where we all get together and have dinner. We take turns whose house it's at and then if it's at your house you fix the main dish and everyone else brings what they are assigned to bring. We have a wheel that tells us what we bring. You turn it to the one whose house it's at and then it shows you what you are to bring. It works great and I look forward to it very much. We also take a family trip, usually camping somewhere. It's always great fun. I'm a huge Utah JAZZ fan and like going to and watching the games. I like traveling and making jewelry and doing crafts.