Thursday, October 8, 2009

Well we headed from the Cascades towards Friday harbor. We left the Motorhome at the Ferry parking and stayed in two really nice bed and breakfasts on the Island. We figured it out and it was cheaper than taking to motorhome on the ferry and alot less hassle. We had a really nice time on the Island. The first day when we got there we couldn't check in till 3 so we went to my moms grave to say hi and then decided to go drive past her old house and on the way there we saw whales out in the ocean. We stopped and watched them for quite a long time. It looked like maybe there were 2 pods cause there were alot of them. It's hard to get pictures of them. Brent go a little bit of video though. The first B&B we stayed in was the Argyle House. We had our own little cottage.
Leter on after seeing the whales and having some dinner we drove over to watch the sunset and it was very pretty.
The next day we decided to go to Cattle point and I talked Brent into hunting for sea glass with me. He wasn't too excited but after he found a few pieces he got into it I think. Then afterward I took him to a little shop and showed him how much just a simple pair of earrings are made of sea glass. $30 and we found enough to make 5 or 6 pair and some for pendants and they were $55. So then he saw the value in helping me. We saw the neatest sailboat while we were searching.

We had seen that the winery was having a festival that day, and you could taste the grapes and stuff so we decided to see what that was all about. My hair had got so wind blown on the beach that I redid it and clipped it up and then put a brush roller in my bangs so when we got to the festival I would look so bad. I told Brent to not let me go in with the roller in my hair, but when we got there you guessed it he forgot to tell me. So here we are in the little shop looking around, asking questions and tasting for about 10 minutes or so when Brent leans over to me and says you still have the curler in your hair. Well, I was so embarrassed. I said you were suppose to tell me that before we came in. The lady that ran the shop got in on the conversation and said she had noticed but thought it was adorable cause she hadn't seen that in a long long time. Another lady also said something a pretty soon I was the talk of the shop. There were quite a few people in there and it was a small shop. Needless to say I best not plan on him being my reminder next time. It was actually quite funny but we didn't get any pictures of it.
Then it was time to go check in our second B & B, the Kirk House. Shauna and I stayed in this one in May when we went for Mothers day. Brent said it was his favorite out to the two. The bed was very comforable.It had an old fashioned claw leg tub. I soaked in it too but no pictures of that, just this of Brent.


He really still had on his levis when he posed for this, but isn't he such a good sport!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

While lookijng at the last pic carson walks in and says that looks like grandpa?

Steph said...

That is the funniest picture of Brent!!! I am so jealous about the whales..that was pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen, can't wait to see them again!!!

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and been married for 31 years. I'm a mom of 6 kids 4 boys and two girls and a grandma to 11, grandkids. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is to spend time with them. We have a monthly family dinners where we all get together and have dinner. We take turns whose house it's at and then if it's at your house you fix the main dish and everyone else brings what they are assigned to bring. We have a wheel that tells us what we bring. You turn it to the one whose house it's at and then it shows you what you are to bring. It works great and I look forward to it very much. We also take a family trip, usually camping somewhere. It's always great fun. I'm a huge Utah JAZZ fan and like going to and watching the games. I like traveling and making jewelry and doing crafts.